Monday, May 23, 2011

Recant

I've published my first post in my new blog and yes, I already have to recant it.

So, as it turns out, this package that I was obediently waiting for never even existed!
The sender (an eBay store) informed FedEx that they would be shipping two items but never did.  That's annoying in itself, however, I think FedEx bothers me even more.  FedEx took this information and said "Uh, oh ok George!" and never bothered to look down and see that their hands were empty!  They generated a delivery date on two packages that didn't exist and never checked it until after the delivery that didn't happen.  Very annoying.

I had sent in one email to FedEx simply asking about my packages.  After discovering what had happened, I send them another email.  I thought you might enjoy reading it.  I had fun writing it.


Dear Sir/Madam/Rumormonger:



I have since contacted the sender and discovered that they never sent either package.  Besides my dissatisfaction with the sender, I am greatly disappointed with your company.  For more than a week, your computer system informed me that 2 packages would be arriving at my location and only after I inquired was the truth discovered.  For more than a week, your computer system believed that 2 objects existed when in reality, they did not.  I find this highly annoying and even slightly disturbing.  


What's next?  Are you going to tell me that Santa Clause isn't real?  That there's no Easter Bunny or Tooth Fairy??  


I hope to God (who's very existence has now been cast into doubt) that the next time FedEx brings me a package that it's delivered by Big Foot, wearing the Emperor's New Clothes while riding a Flying Pig.  If not, I send it back.


I rearranged my schedule to be home waiting for two packages that didn't exist.  Thanks for making me a jackass!


Sincerely,
A customer who no longer believes

My follow up email to the sender was far less whimsical and slightly more colorful.  I'll leave that one to your imagination.

No comments:

Post a Comment